The best night clubs and Nightlife in Bucharest
Nightlife in Bucharest
Bucharest is slowly gaining a reputation as one of the undisputed capitals of the Eastern European party. Read our guide on the best bars and clubs in the city, including alternative music venues, to make the most of the time between the first cocktail and the end of your night in the Romanian capital.
Bucharest has come a long way for a city that was once the center of one of the most horrifying communist regimes in history. Times have certainly changed and, above all, this European capital is much appreciated today for its spicy and energetic nightlife in Bucharest.
Once the sun sets, this dynamic city is transformed and can offer a multitude of leisure and entertainment opportunities for all tastes and preferences.
Of course, it is virtually impossible to list all the bars and clubs that this city has located in its vibrant streets. Make no mistake, spending a cultural evening at the opera or theater does not disappoint.
However, Bucharest is becoming a center for new generations eager to experience chills and nighttime emotions. New bars and clubs are appearing everywhere these days. Whether you want to party until dawn, listen to live music, celebrate your bachelor parties like royalty, or just have a decent drink to calm your soul, head to the center of Bucharest, where all the hustle and bustle happens. Undercover of darkness, this area becomes a magnet for party-goers and its nightlife is contagious.
The Top 10 clubs Nightlife in Bucharest
Nightlife in Bucharest
1. Nomad Skybar: Nomad Skybar brings together many types of food and drinks from all over the world, and the diversity of the location makes it perfect for a peaceful dinner or for a great time with friends at the bar. Opening Hours: Mon – Thu 4:00 pm – 2:00 am | Fri – Sat 4:00 pm – 6:00 am | Sun 4:00 pm – 12:00 am.
2. Mojo Music Club: If you’re in the mood for some karaoke, you can visit Mojo Music Club every night of the week. The Karaoke Bar provides quality drinks and service from English speaking staff. Also, if you’re a sports fan, you can watch the biggest games or sporting events on the best Romanian sports channels. Opening Hours: 1:00 pm – 5:00 am
3. Fire Club: Fire Club is perfect for football fans who want to watch the game with their friends while eating or drinking something. The club offers burgers, pizza, and sandwiches at reasonable prices along with great drinks. Opening Hours: Sun – Thu 10:00 am – 4:00 am | Fri – Sat 10:00 am – 6:00 am
4. The Vintage Pub: If you’re looking to spend the night drinking with friends, the pub and terrace are open until 7 am. You’ll find this pub on Smardan Street, one of the most popular streets in Bucharest’s Old Town. Opening Hours: 9:00 am – 7:00 am
5. Happy Pub: Very close to the center of Bucharest, you’ll find the Happy Pub, a place for all rock music lovers but also, a great place to enjoy craft beer. You can choose from over 160 types of beer while making new friends with the same passion. Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 4:00 pm – 1:00 am | Sat 6:00 pm – 2:00 am | Sun 6:00 pm – 12:00 am
6. Bar & Club Revenge: We close our list with another club in the Old Town. Revenge Club is a place for all sorts of music and a place to drink, dance, and chat till dawn. A great thing about this club is its prices because all drinks are 5 RON (1.10 USD). Yes, every beer is 1.10 USD and every shot of whiskey is 1.10 USD. Sounds great, doesn’t it? Opening Hours: Thu 5:30 pm – 7:00 am | Fri – Sat 5:30 pm – 7:30 am
7. Shoteria: In the heart of Bucharest, right in the Old Town, is Shoteria, the “alcohol and rehab station”. If you’re wondering what you can drink here – the name of the bar speaks for itself. You can enjoy a wide variety of shots and then “cure” yourself from the intoxication at the “rehab station” with the finest potions and remedies. Opening Hours: Thu – Sat 9:00 pm – 5:00 am
8. Control Club: The club is very close to the Old Town of Bucharest, and it hosts monthly concerts from local and foreign bands. It is appreciated not only for the concerts but also for the great pub and terrace, open in the summer season. Opening Hours: Sun-Mon 1:00 pm – 4:00 am | Tue – Thu 1:00 pm – 5:00 am | Fri 1:00 pm – 6:00 am | Sat 2:00 pm – 6:00 am
9.Player Club: With great, all night, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday parties, Player Club is a top pick for many tourists looking for nightlife. The club is known for its unique pool parties in the summer and great performances by artists such as James Zabiela, Lee Burridge, Audiofly, and many others. This place is very crowded so you should reserve a table if you want to have a great time with your friends. Opening Hours: Sun-Sat 10:00 am – 8:00 am | Wed 11:00 pm – 6:00 am | Fri – Sat 11:00 pm – 6:00 am
10. Gaia Boutique Club: This is the place where you can share your weird with the rest of Bucharest. Located in the north of the city, in a heavy Stalinist building that used to host the Communist party’s newspaper, Gaia Boutique Club regularly hosts theme parties, so put on that wacky outfit and go as crazy as you dare.