The best night clubs and Nightlife in San Diego
San Diego’s nightlife will never rival that of a big city, but it exists with a wide variety of exciting options for an informal beach town. Most of the bars and clubs on this list are located in downtown San Diego, so if you are a night bird visiting the city, this is the neighborhood where you want to stay. The numerous rooftop bars of Gaslamp Quarter offer spectacular night views of The Horizon with cozy seating, fireplaces and fresh cocktails. Go below street level, as many of the historic buildings in the neighborhood have basements where you will find other exciting places to spend the night. The nightclubs that will send anyone’s senses at full speed will attend the VIPs. Beach communities around.
San Diego nightlife also offers more informal nightlife opportunities, for those interested in enjoying a beer or a cocktail with the waves breaking in the background. where nightlife is one of the liveliest scenes on the west coast. The nightclubs are full of world-class DJs, the artisan cocktails are true works of art and the dance floors are full of people who absorb the bright vibes of San Diego after sunset. It all starts in the Gaslamp Quarter with 16 walkable blocks full of more than 183 restaurants, 52 bars and 10 nightclubs. Nightlife in San Diego. California’s craft beer mecca apparently has one brewery for every one hundred residents, and its burgeoning cocktail scene has hipsters drinking brewed concoctions at the roots.
The nightlife in San Diego, a night in the city can culminate the perfect day. The heart of San Diego’s night action is in the lively Gaslamp Quarter of the city center. Here, the city blocks are full of rooftop bars, hot discos with celebrity DJs, changing jazz clubs and sidewalk restaurants. Many of the clubs have live music or scenic shows with themes ranging from flamenco dancing to burlesque. In other parts of the county, you will also find iconic rock clubs, intimate concert halls and a lot of opportunities to go out and party.
The Top 10 clubs Nightlife in San Diego
1. FLUXX: FLUXX is Downtown San Diego’s high-end dance club.This is where celebrities hang out at night during visits to San Diego. Just as its name implies, FLUXX nightclub’s mood and motif are kept in a constant state of change designed to create a unique experience with every visit. The venue incorporates organic decor amidst bright, bold colors and playful design elements including a large-scale adult tree house, a 15-ft custom rope chandelier and eye-catching art. FLUXX is your excuse to revive your most stylish apparel as there is a dress code. FLUXX offers a Vegas-style VIP bottle service and centrally located VIP tables. Or, reserve the tree house which also has a private bar!
2. Fairweather: Bask in the trade winds at this tropical rooftop bar overlooking Petco Park stadium. Sheathed in bold patterned tile, lush living walls and mounds of citrus, the eye-candy, open-air bar channels a mid-century beach resort with bright, vacation-worthy drinks. Sip mojitos, Aperol Spritzes and Singapore Slings under a canopy of colorful nautical rope, nosh on street tacos and Cubano sandwiches and root for the Padres across the way.
3. ONYX ROOM: This high-energy place is three floors of fun for those who want to dance. Onyx Room is three-level dance club, one at street level and two below. This nightclub draws the ultra-cool who want to party with inventive cocktails in hand and plenty of eye candy located throughout the room. Different nights feature different music styles, from jazz to hip-hop and old-school. Typically, hip hop is played upstairs while house is played below ground. As an upscale nightclub, Onyx Room has a dress code so skip the beachwear. VIP bottle service is available by reservation. Register online for the guest list which may feature a discounted or no cover charge and you must sign-up before 8:00 p.m. on your desired night.
4. NOBLE EXPERIMENT: Go for a truly unique speakeasy-like experience. It is all about crafting the perfect cocktail here. This San Diego speakeasy is found via a somewhat secret door near the door to the kitchen at The Neighborhood. There isn’t any food for sale so go to The Neighborhood if you’re hungry. A wall of gold-plated skulls lines the wall of this speakeasy and service is top notch. There isn’t another drinking experience like this in San Diego. It’s special.
5. PROHIBITION: Great Gatsby era for an evening. A dress code is enforced so no shorts, flip flops or sandals, or baseball caps on Fridays and Saturdays. And, they didn’t have cell phones back then so using them at the bar. Guest also enjoy the creative and witty cocktail menu such as the “These are not the droids you’re looking for” cocktail featuring tequila, lime, allspice, Averna and apple Jarritos soda.
6. THE GRASS SKIRT: The Grass Skirt is new to the San Diego dining and nightlife scene and already people love it. It’s a hidden tiki bar located inside Good Time Poke, a grab-and-go poke spot that is open in the evenings until 2:00 a.m. The goal is to use traditional tiki elements interlaced with seductive details to transport guests to a place of eternal sunset complete with fire pit tables and swings.
7. ROOFTOP BY STK: Downtown San Diego skyline. It is a sexy, swanky and scenic spot to enjoy handcrafted cocktails, and delicious dishes from a menu specially created by Executive Chef J.C. Colón. By day, The Rooftop by STK will sweep you away with stunning views and creative regional cuisine for breakfast and lunch. By night, The Rooftop by STK is San Diego’s ultimate rooftop destination and nightlife experience high above the city, with live DJs spinning underneath the star-lit San Diego sky.
8. Club Omnia: Nightlife in San Diego has been redefined by Omnia. Experience a main room like no other in the Gaslamp Quarter. Be ready for the top DJ performances and headliners from around the world. With out of this world lighting, sound, production, and customer service, your club experience is taken to the next level. Whether joining the guest list, or reserving your own VIP table with bottle service, there’s a reason Omnia is one of the most popular nightclubs in San Diego. If you are looking for an Omnia San Diego promoter you have landed in the right place.
9. Parq Nightclub: Parq’s vision was to create a nightlife experience in San Diego that had no comparison. They did just that by combing top technologies in lighting, sound, and design and bringing in top tier talent and entertainers. Many say Parq is unparalleled in the Gas Lamp District. Parq makes it so each guest feels like a rockstar. With stadium-style VIP seating and a wide open dance floor that gets you up close and personal with the world’s top DJs, it’s easy to see what all the buzz is about.
10. Trailer Park After Dark: it has more of a lounge feel than your average bar you can rent out a trailer with bottle service inside this unconventional East Village favorite.