The best night clubs and Nightlife in Durban
Durban, South Africa, is a wonderful mix of culture and beautiful architecture nestled in the subtropics. Whatever the reason for your visit, if you feel like having a drink, here is our guide to the best bars in the city. Durban has a pretty impressive nightlife that promises a good night! Whether you’re looking to dance all night with a playlist of the latest commercial music or if you want a night of exclusive nightclubs, Durban’s nightlife doesn’t disappoint. From refrigerated cocktail lounges to nightclubs, the nightlife in Durban satisfies all tastes. And luckily for you, we have the best clubs, pubs and lounges listed below.
The Top clubs Nightlife in Durban
1. Cape To Cairo Nightclub: a historic building of the converted port, the Cape to Cairo Nightclub is one of Durban’s mega clubs. With 8 dance floors and 6 resident DJs, this club had the title of best nightclub in KZN for 6 years.
2. Joe Cool’s: Located in Marine Parade, Joe Cool’s is one of the most famous beach bars in South Africa, where you will find a cosmopolitan mix of tanned and beautiful people of the latest fashion. During the day it is a restaurant full of sun worshipers who have lunch with the seafood, grills and pizzas that are offered, but at night it becomes the biggest fun on the beach. Achieving the perfect balance between a relaxed and party-ready environment, it is the best beach party in SA. Whether you’re looking to enjoy a slow lunch or dinner in a restaurant, a casual atmosphere, disco atmosphere or theme parties: every day is great at Joe Cool’s.
3. Absolute Florida: Absolute redefines velvet rope and exclusivity, positioning itself as the flagship of everything fabulous in the Durban high-end party scene. Drinks, dances, DJs and special events make the night at Absolute unique.
4. Tiger Tiger: Tiger Tiger is the perfect place for party animals, featuring renowned DJs and themed events with many gifts. With state-of-the-art sound equipment, six bars to choose from that offer a variety of special drinks and two dance floors, Tiger Tiger is the place to go crazy.
5. Ultra Bar: Ultra Bar is Durban’s favorite nightclub, with its luxurious décor and classic architecture that promises a night of opulence. The club has 5 dance floors and state-of-the-art sound and lighting equipment. This multilevel club has different thematic levels. It is a club that is worth exploring, with its cozy corners for private talks and great dance floors, there is something that will appeal to everyone.
6. Origin nightclub: located inside the beautiful Winston hotel, the Origin is its entertainment center. They have 5 dance floors and 9 bars to satisfy your thirst. With ample space to move around, the living rooms, a balcony, a rooftop terrace and several seating areas. One of Durban’s biggest clubs, it is a local favorite.
7. Club Altitude: Club Altitude is located on Windemere Avenue and is known for its wonderful atmosphere: a party feeling at home instead of a nightclub. Even if you’re not part of the LGBT community, you’ll still have a good time. With friendly staff and an even friendlier owner, Durban’s modern cosmopolitan disco is for anyone who is different and fabulous.
8. Wonder Lounge: Wonder Lounge on Windemere Street is a men’s club with a professional touch. The staff is friendly and the bottle service is impeccable. It is Durban’s main lap dance place. Entertain with local and international dancers. They handle all kinds of functions, from bachelor parties to corporate events.
9. Dropkick Murphy’s: Dropkick Murphy’s is a local bar with a rustic touch. Opened in early 2013, chef Neil Coventry specializes in comforting food without meaning. Known for its chili poppers and house cocktails, it is a great place to hang out with some friends.
10. Panorama Bar: The Panorama Bar is exactly that: a panoramic and uninterrupted view of the Indian Ocean with a drink in hand. Enjoy drinks at reasonable prices on the terrace of the bar, overlooking the crystal clear waters. If you are lucky, you could witness one of the many thunderstorms that tropical weather attracts. Located within the structure of the Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani Hotel, the Panorama Bar offers an irresistible menu. The setting next to the pool offers very romantic meals and when it is lit at night, it is easy to forget that you are in Africa.