The best night clubs and Nightlife in Auckland
Auckland Nightlife is, as expected, one of the best in the country. The nightlife in Auckland has nice bars for the crowd, beachfront discos, live music venues, intimate bars late at night, and bars, you’ll find everything here. The nightlife in Auckland is whatever you want it to be. Many visitors will hang out in the many bars and restaurants located on the Viaduct Harbor, while those looking for live music could head to the infamous K-Road and the suburb of Ponsonby. Elegant and intimate bars and restaurants can be found at The Britomart Precinct, near the ferry terminal. Of course, walking through the main downtown area, you’ll never be far from a club or bar. Just head to the side streets of Queen Street and you’ll find what you’re looking for. The Skytower, home of the SkyCity Casino, is open every hour, while the Aotea Center is where you will find everything cultural. Karangahape Road, known as ‘K-Road’ with the locals, is home to the Auckland gay scene. We have also known New Zealand for its nervous adventures and its super delight in the open air, but there is something else in the excellent Kiwi way of life, and that is its nightlife. The cities of New Zealand are renowned for their impressive party places as the sunsets. Places like Wellington, Auckland, and Christchurch become greater. That is the moment when countless colors emerge in the city. If you want to savor those surreal moments, plan and experience the nightlife of Auckland! The favorite city of the North Island presents super wonderful bars and discos, and streets and ports that host important events. The best part of these places is that they allow you to forget the weather and live the night to the fullest. Head to a popular nightclub or plan a night cruise party or dinner on top of Sky Tower! The night will cease, but the options will not when you are in this port city of New Zealand.
The Top 10 clubs Nightlife in Auckland
Nightlife in Auckland
Auckland has no shortage of nightlife. Whether you’re looking for a relaxed bar atmosphere or a dynamic club, the largest city in New Zealand knows how to be the life of the party. Prepare your dance shoes as we are about to show you some of the best nightclubs in the city.
- Kingsland: A mix of lively bars, restaurants, and pubs with a friendly atmosphere, Kingsland is widely known to locals as the best place to watch (and celebrate) a rugby game. The area has a selection of ethnic restaurants and is the perfect place to have a beer with friends. Enjoy the social atmosphere and naturally brewed beers at Neighborhood Brew Bar or enjoy a game on The Kingslander’s big-screen TVs.
- K’ Road:For an alternative experience in Auckland, Karangahape Road, more commonly called K ‘Road, offers an eclectic mix of bars and clubs and is known as a diverse and creative district. This area is large in events such as dance and DJ concerts and hip hop concerts, along with contemporary art and music events, as well as several gay bars. Enjoy live concerts and DJs in Studio the Venue and Galatos Bar, dance all night at Family Bar or for something different, enjoy a drink while watching a colorful cabaret show or drag artist.
- Parnell: The historic and picturesque town of Parnell is full of award-winning restaurants and fancy bars and cafes. This is a great place to dine or relax with an informal drink among the impressive illuminated trees and cobblestone roads. Enjoy an authentic Italian dinner and wine in the beautiful patios of Non-Solo Pizza or Portofino, an excellent meal in the highly acclaimed Antoine’s, or head to Chocolate Boutique or Mövenpick to enjoy an indulgent dessert.
- Auckland CBD: When it comes to exciting nightlife, the Auckland CBD is full of hidden treasures. Federal Street and Vulcan Lane have a large selection of bars and restaurants, and Sale Street is always popular for dining, drinking, and dancing. Head to High Street and Fort Lane to enjoy a variety of great clubs and bars, and visit City Works Depot to get local craft beers at the microbrewery and a bite to eat.
- SKYCITY: In SKYCITY you will find an exciting complex of restaurants, bars, and more. The casino is open 24 hours a day, with live entertainment and VIP areas. Restaurants range from buffets and ethnic food to Peter Gordon’s new and famous restaurant, The Sugar Club. Don’t miss the beautiful 360-degree views of Auckland illuminated at night from the rotating Orbit restaurant on top of the Sky Tower. The center also has nine bars, including the luxurious Twentyone and X.O.
- Wynyard Quarter & North Wharf: Wynyard Quarter, the newest selection of bars and restaurants on the coast of Auckland, is full of restaurants and modern places to have a drink, as well as events for the public after dark. After its urban transformation in 2011, this area is now full of impressive modern architecture but still embraces its historic maritime location. Head to North Wharf to enjoy excellent cuisine and a drink, and visit Silo Park during the summer to see night markets and an open-air cinema every Friday night.
- Britomart: The Britomart enclosure is a popular and elegant place for nightlife in Auckland, with a selection of vibrant new bars and restaurants. Don’t miss Mexico and Ortolana with its beautiful decoration and live music along the cobbled road of Orleans. Catch up with friends with a beer or a cocktail at Britomart Country Club, Tyler Street Garage, and Northern Steamship Co. until the nightlife heats up around 10 p.m., then dance all night at 1885.
- Ponsonby: Head to Ponsonby Road for elegant bars and the best dresses in Auckland. Known as the most modern strip in Auckland, Ponsonby has a variety of restaurants and bars for a variety of different tastes. The newest space in the area, Ponsonby Central, is an elegant center of modern restaurants, bars, and cafes. Dance until the early hours of the morning at Ponsonby Social Club and Revelry, listen to live music at Grand Central and The Crib, or relax with a cocktail and the hottest people in town on SPQR and Longroom.
- Viaduct Harbour: This vibrant area is ideal for eating out and partying, with a selection of more than 30 exciting bars and restaurants. Auckland’s classic nightlife on the Viaduct begins around 5 p.m. of a Friday with drinks after work and it is also a lively Saturday night. Enjoy a fantastic meal overlooking the water in Euro, followed by a drink in a popular bar like Soul or Goldfinch. We guarantee you will be dancing all night at Snapdragon and Spy Bar, or if pubs are your thing, go to Danny Doolans or the O’Hagans Irish Pub to listen to live music and a pint.
- Grand Central: Grand Central, and iconic institution in New York, is now the pulsing beat of Ponsonby. The bar is welcoming and unpretentious. It’s Ponsonby’s longest established and most happening bar, renowned for its live music, dancing, and late, late nights! There is live music every night, usually from 9.00 pm until around 1.00 am. With great outdoor areas, friendly service, a happy hour, and the latest license in the area (4.00 am), Grand Central is the place to be.